Saturday, July 20, 2013

Whole 26.5

I'm done. I was driving home from work at about 3pm and I was STARVING. I have very little food in the house, and I was trying to figure out what I could have for dinner (I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow.) My choices were some kind of meat which I'd have to defrost and then cook, along with some vegetables, or another salad from Saladworks, which would be my 3rd in 4 days. I've been up since 6am, and worked from 8-3. The defrosting/cooking thing was not happening, and the idea of another salad made me want to scream. Then I figured out that out of the last 111 days, I've been W30 compliant for 56.5 of them. I decided that that was more than enough. I am done.

I came home and had a banana, and I'm thinking of getting a 6" turkey sub on a wheat roll with mustard, veggies, no cheese for dinner...I'm REALLY craving a sandwich! My first thought was ICE CREAM, and that will either happen tonight or tomorrow, but then I became sort of frozen. I want to relax my standards, but I don't want to go nuts. I was thinking sushi rolls, but those don't really fill me up unless I eat too many of them. The sandwich sounds really good!

I came home and tracked my food for yesterday (as best as I could remember) and today. I checked with my leader, and I can do SF some days and tracking others. I'm sure that I will be over my weekly allowance this week, because I AM going to allow myself to have an ice cream this weekend, and my food yesterday added up to a lot of points. I also have a bunch of stuff going on this week, so between now and next Friday I will only get to the gym twice. I'm not too concerned about that right now. I just want to get back in the habit of tracking, so that I can really start up again on Friday.

I looked up a thick shake float in my Eating Out book...a large is between 34 and 41 points. That may sound crazy, but to me it's worth it. It will be nice to have one, track it, enjoy it, and not feel guilty. I'm happy that the place I go for it is only open in the summer!

I have to weigh myself tomorrow morning, but I think I've lost about 6 lbs on this W30, which is very disappointing, considering I lost almost 15 in April. If I'm being honest, I stretched the rules this time. I ate nothing off-plan, but I ate more often than I should have, and compliant things that were high in calories.

So what's the take-home this time? I don't know. Am I glad I did the W30? In April, absolutely! This time, I'm not sure. However, I lost 6 lbs in 28 days. If I had continued the way I was going, I probably would've gained at least 10 more lbs in that time, so for that reason I am glad. It's also made me excited about the WW program again, and I'm ready to really get back to doing the things I did when I originally lost the 40 lbs almost 4 years ago. I didn't notices any huge changes this time, and I'm not sure why. I think it was harder for me to be aware, because I was waiting for things to happen instead of experiencing them as they did. I think that the W30 is a great thing for anyone to try, because I had such an amazing experience the first time, and there are some aspects of it that I will continue with. Whether doing more than one is beneficial, for me I'd say that the answer was not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment