Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Where's That Whole30 Happy???

I was not in a good mood today. I know the reason, and am not going to go into it (once again, this is a public blog), but I'm home now, on my couch, and have the next 5 days off, so it's all good. The thing is, if I remember correctly, NOTHING could put me in a bad mood for long during my first W30. I really wish that I had blogged in April, because I keep trying to remember how I felt when, and I just can't. I guess I could look back at my posts on the W30 forum, but I don't think I posted every day...same with FB posts. I probably should just stop trying to anticipate what's going to happen when, and stop comparing then and now. I am eating well, feel good physically, and have been in a good mood for the most part. Maybe there are just some things that annoy me enough that nothing can negate them! The weather may also be playing a role. It was nowhere near this hot and humid in April, and this type of weather just drains the life out of me. Thankfully I don't have to be out in it too often, but walking the dogs is pure torture.

Today was a pretty routine day. I woke up with the dogs at 4:45 because I heard Marty...too late, he had already peed :/ Took them out, fed them, cleaned up the pee, and made myself a cup of coffee. I was starving, so I took a Lara bar up to bed with me, along with my coffee. The plan was to go back to sleep until 8 and then go to the gym. That didn't happen. It didn't happen yesterday either. I went Sunday and Monday and, since I'm off for the next 5 days, I figured there was no need to go on one of the 2 days this week when I had to work. That's fine now, but eventually I will have to go before work. I will really miss my lazy, relaxing mornings. I need to stop seeing the gym as a negative, which is taking away my relaxation, and instead see it as something which is giving me back my stamina and strength, and the toned body I used to have.

I went to work and had chicken kale patties for "breakfast" at noon (bad, very bad...sorry, I don't like to eat a big meal too early.) Then I had avocado basil chicken salad for lunch with cut up green peppers at about 3, but I just wasn't really hungry, and only ate about half of it. I got home at 7, walked and fed the dogs, and now I am sitting here blogging. I need to eat dinner, but I'm just not that hungry. Who am I??? (BTW, all of these recipes are on the Recipes post.)

So today was ok W30-wise, not so great mood-wise. I think another thing that is bothering me is that I'm realizing that I'm not really on Day 10 with 20 left to go, since I plan on continuing until at least August 10th. What I need to remind myself is that, when I "stopped" last time, it was a total disaster. August 10th might be the last day that I am totally strict, but I need to figure out a way to continue eating this way with some OCCASIONAL modifications. It's kind of scary, since I couldn't do it last time, and kind of depressing (no daily peanut butter shake floats with vanilla ice cream...)

No comments:

Post a Comment