Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Perspective

I have 2 pairs of white capris, a size 4 and a size 6. It's been a long time since I wore the 4's, but I can remember when the 6's were too big...*sigh*. Anyway, I had a meeting with financial planners this morning (God, that makes me sound so old!) and I grabbed what I thought were the 6's out of my closet. As I was pulling them up, I saw the pockets open, and thought, "I thought I had sewn the pockets shut." (I actually stapled them shut...don't ask.) I had worn them last week, and after I washed them I hadn't put them in the dryer. My new washing machine washes whites on hot...could that have caused them to shrink that much? I started to feel fat and miserable until I realized, "Wait! These are the 4's! Oh wow, I can get them up to my hips...not bad!" After that, I felt happy and motivated, because the 4's seem like a realistic goal, with some work.

The moral of this story? Something as dumb as the fit of a pair of pants can have a huge effect on my mood. I went from feeling terrible when I thought my pants didn't fit, to feeling great, because a smaller pair of pants have the possibility of fitting again in this lifetime. Nevermind that I don't believe that I am truly a size 4 OR 6. Let's say that I was a size 4 at 135 lbs, and each size lower is 10 lbs less. That means someone who weighed 115 would be a size 0. What about the women who weigh less than that? What are they??? These are the things that keep me up at night. Not really.

I ate exactly the same things today as I did yesterday, and enjoyed them just as much. I don't mind eating the same thing a few days in a row if it means I don't have to cook. My 3 main goals in life are to cook, clean, and grocery shop as little as possible. Who ever said I don't aim high??

No comments:

Post a Comment