Friday, July 19, 2013

Now We're Talking!

It's Friday, and we all know what that means...WW meeting! And when you're a lifetime member trying to get back to within 2 lbs of your goal so that you won't have to pay, it means walking up to the scale with your wallet. That's just what I did this morning...but I was down 2.4 lbs from last week AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY!!! It's funny because I felt like I was stretching the limits of the W30 guidelines this week, and I exercised less than last week, but I guess all my hard work from last week caught up with me this week. That put me in a good mood as I headed in to work. We were short-staffed because of vacations, but the day went smoothly. My work weeks alternate between M-F and T-Sa. That means I either have a 3 day weekend or a 1 day weekend. This week is a 1 day weekend, which is not my favorite, but I've put a positive spin on it (see what a 2.4 lb weight-loss can do to a girl?) It's going to be REALLY hot again tomorrow. If I were off, I could either go swim in the pool which, according to my SIL who was there today, feels like bath water, or I could sit home and have the dogs stare at me, wanting to go out. I might as well go to work.

I'm pretty committed to trying the Simply Filling WW technique. I'm not sure what I will do next Wednesday and Thursday...I may just try to eat like a "normal" person (I know, good luck with that) one. My WW week starts Friday and my W30 ends Tuesday, so I may just let my brain relax a little bit for a few days. My friend sent me this link, which explains exactly what foods are considered "Simply Filling", meaning that you can eat them (until satisfied) without tracking them. Anything else must be tracked, and comes out of my 49 weekly points. I don't have to do Simply Filling every day in a week, I can track some days, but I believe that I can't pick and choose meals to track and others (in the same day) to do SF. I have to check on that and get back to you.

Last night I was thinking that maybe I could not follow a "plan" and just eat less/better, and lose these last 10-13 lbs that way. That seems to work for both of my sisters. When they lose weight and I ask them how they did it, they say things like, "I cut out sweets" or "I started walking." How annoying! Why does it seem to be that simple for other people, but not for me? I know that that kind of thinking is pointless, but I'm still allowed to be mad at my sisters for being able to do that. Isn't that what sisters are for???

Just in case any of you are losing sleep, thinking that I won't be blogging after Tuesday, FEAR NOT!! I still have a long way to go to get back to where I want to be, and then I need to stay there and, as the subtitle of this blog states, losing the weight is ultimately the easy part. And, if I run out of weight-loss stories for you, I can always write about my dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment