Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Great Coffee Debate

The thing I'm having the most trouble with on SF is coffee. After years of flavored coffee with either milk and Equal or flavored Coffeemate, I got used to plain coffee with coconut milk during the W30. On SF, I can have flavored coffee, but coconut milk needs to be counted, so I've switched to skim milk (organic at home.) I've allowed myself to try flavored coffee again, because the skim milk lacks some of the flavor of coconut milk. It also lacks the creaminess of the full-fat coconut milk I was using. There are 2 Dunkin Donuts by me, one of which has a drive-thru. I go there when I'm feeling lazy, but the coffee is not as good as at the other one. I went there today, because it's less out of my way on the way to work. I asked for an iced French vanilla with skim milk. It did not taste like flavored coffee, and was very dark. When I got to work, I decided to give in and add some Equal. I used to add Equal to my coffee all the time, but now it tasted so sweet and artificial. I drank the coffee anyway, slowly throughout the day, but it wasn't what I wanted.

I'm wondering if I should just suck it up and go back to the coconut milk. Even the low fat coconut milk is creamier than skim milk. That means I have to take it out of my 49 points when doing SF, or my daily points when tracking. It also means that I have to go back to buying cans of coconut milk, which is expensive, and carrying it around in little Tupperware containers. Something tells me I'm just going to force myself to get used to the skim.

I'm loving SF. I feel like I'm just making the choice to eat healthy foods which, for the most part, are not things I have to worry about overeating. I am looking forward to the tuna sub which I plan to have for dinner on Friday night, but during the work-week, this is very doable. I haven't weighed myself since I was weighed at WW last Friday. One thing I have taken from the W30 is to stay away from the scale. I feel great about myself this week...why risk ruining it because the stir-fry I ate tonight might have been a little salty?

I'm not going to be posting everyday anymore. I don't think you guys care too much what I eat every single day for the rest of my life. I will try to check in at least once a week...that way I'll have some time to gather all kinds of new and exciting thoughts and opinions to share with you, my fans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment