Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

"It's actually pretty simple. Either you do it, or you don't"

I hope you all had a great 4th of July! My day started off at Lowes, where I bought a new washing machine which will be delivered Sunday. Min3 decided to die last night, so it was a good excuse to replace the one that was here when I moved in, which I've always hated. I then made it back to the gym for an abbreviated work out. I wanted a treadmill, but the gym was crowded, and there were none available. I got on this thing that I use often, which is sort of a cross between a Stairmaster and an elliptical. After 25 minutes I was done. My feet were falling asleep (this happens to me when exercising on cardio machines, and it's SO annoying!), and this gym is really hot, so I was sweating like a pig. I was just happy that I got back after 2 days off, and will try to go a little longer tomorrow.

I got home and had a late breakfast of leftovers (avocado basil chicken salad, a chicken kale patty and a Lara bar.) I also had a Lara bar first thing in the morning...damn Lara bars! I then wasted time looking at pictures of bad celebrity plastic surgery...if I had that much money, I would hire someone to make sure I didn't make myself look like a scary clown. When I had sufficiently freaked myself out (Carrot Top anyone???), I went upstairs and took a nap. I had a very restless morning, because I had to clean up pee at 5:30 AM, and then wash rugs in a washing machine that doesn't drain or spin unless I put it on the spin cycle alone 2 or 3 times. I was up and down a lot between 5:30 and 10, so I slept soundly for an hour and a half. Then I showered, fed the dogs, roasted some brussel sprouts, and went to my brother's for dinner. (And, in case your wondering, Marty will be spending the nights in his crate from now on.)

I am very proud of how I handled dinner tonight. My brother texted and invited me over for chicken and ribs that he was cooking in his smoker. I asked him to make a few pieces for me that had no sauce on them. He said the chicken had a rub on it, and the ribs just had salt, pepper and onion or garlic powder (I forget.) I asked him to send me the name of the rub so that I could look up the ingredients. As I expected, the 2nd ingredient was sugar...grrrrr!!! He made some plain chicken and I had that and some ribs. I didn't know what sides they would have, so I offered to make my world famous (according to me) brussel sprouts. I was able to enjoy a delicious 4th of July dinner with my family and stay on plan. Go me!

I just went through my W30 Pinterest board and picked out 3 new recipes to try. I'm also making the crockpot meatballs and cauliflower rice again. I will share the recipes once I'm sure they're worth sharing, and I will type up a few tomorrow (ones from cookbooks that don't have links.) I'm off tomorrow, so I'm going to go to Shop Rite to pick up a few things, and then do some cooking. I love the cauliflower rice so much that I'm going to buy a bigger food processor (next time I get a 30% off coupon from Kohls), because using my little 3 cup one takes forever!

I have to weigh-in at WW tomorrow, because it's the first Friday of July. I have not decided if I'm going to look at my weight or not. I'm not supposed to, but I'm very curious...I should be a good girl and not look...

No comments:

Post a Comment