Monday, July 8, 2013

Bathing Suits: Part 2

I bought 3 new bathing suits today...well, 2 1-piece and 1 tankini top to wear with black bottoms I have. My plan was to reward myself with a new suit before our vacation to LBI in August IF I stuck to my W30/W49orwhateverit'sgoingtobe. I was at the mall today and realized that, by mid-August, there would be very few suits left, and I'd have better luck at finding a new winter coat at that point. The last time I bought bathing suits was 3 years ago, after I lost the 40 lbs. At the time, I bought a tankini, a black bottom, and a few other tankini tops. There are only 2 that I actually wear...1 still has the tags on it. They are either halters, which pull on the back of my neck, or too low-cut for me. I'm also not thrilled with tankinis anymore, because the tops always ride up. I'm happy with the suits I got...although I'll be happier if I can lose another 10-15 lbs... Did I need 3? No, although I plan on never buying bathing suits again for the rest of my life ;) While I was there, there were a few skinny women looking at the bikinis. I wanted to kill them.

I did 30 minutes at the gym this morning, and then ran some errands (including bathing suit shopping.) I have been shopping A LOT lately...maybe more so than usual, since I'm not eating junk??? Could be. Anyway, I have a lot of trips coming up in August so, once I get paid on Friday, I'm putting myself on a strict budget. Not sure what it is yet, or how to even make a budget, but it will be strict! My Mom told me that I'd better hurry up and get lots of shopping in between now and Friday...now do you understand why I don't know how to make a budget??? ;)

Once again, I'm only managing 2 meals today. I had my Lara bar at 5:30 (panic setting in...I only have 3 or 4 more left!), and then didn't eat again until 1:30. I tried to have a bigger meal then, knowing that I'd probably only eat once more. This is not what I'm supposed to be doing...oh well. I finished up the bacon I had, had a HUGE sweet potato with cinnamon and ghee, and some black olives. I would like to buy more bacon, but it's hard to find sugar-free bacon. I got mine from US Wellness Meats, which is a great place to get all kinds of organic meats. The problem is that there is a minimum order of about $70. I wish I knew someone close by who would split an order with me. Anyway, I had another Lara bar at 5 before I headed to the pool to meet my sister-in-law, niece and nephew. I have pork in the crockpot, but if and when I will eat it remains to be seen. The recipe said 6-8 hours on low. I took it out at 7pm, which was 6 hours. There was so much fat on it (even though I had cut off as much of the visible fat as I could), and I couldn't shred it. I'm thinking it wasn't fully cooked yet, so I cut it in chunks and put it back in on high. We'll see.

Today is Day 15. I feel good, but I don't feel particularly energetic or ecstatically happy. Maybe because I didn't feel too bad before? I don't know, or don't remember. I think I'm just more used to it now, so the results aren't as dramatic. Maybe if I had waited a year to do my second W30, it would've felt more like the first. Of course, at the rate I was going, if I'd waited a year, I might very well have weighed 300 lbs...

No comments:

Post a Comment