Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Frustrated

I was up 0.8 at WW this morning. Since I've started weighing in weekly, over a month ago, I have not been down even one time. I'm either up, or the same. Have I been perfect? Of course not. But do I think I deserve to have at least lost 1 stinking pound? Hell yes! Maybe I'm viewing my past weight loss success through rose colored glasses, but I feel like I used to have so much more wiggle room than I seem to have now (none). I'm not even going up and down, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm capable of losing any weight ever again!

I'm worried it's that I'm older (I turn 42 tomorrow). I'm worried it's because I'm not exercising as much as I used to. I'm worrying that my eating needs to be perfect, all the time. If it does, then let's face it, I won't ever lose another pound, because perfection is not possible.

This week has been tough. My boyfriend Jeff met my parents Sunday at a restaurant where we celebrated my birthday with a nice dinner. Monday there was a party for me at work with pastries, yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, and my SIL Terri treated me to breakfast for my birthday. Tomorrow is my birthday, and Jeff is cooking me dinner. I know that these things only happen once a year, and I refuse to not celebrate and enjoy it. I also know it's not a license to go overboard.

I've decided to start drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch whenever possible (meaning I don't have plans for either of those meals), and then do a sensible dinner. I'm not doing the Virgin Diet again, although the shakes are from the book. They give me a lot of protein, fruits and veggies, keep my calories under control, are filling, easy, and fit well into my lifestyle when I'm working. I know I'll get sick of them eventually, but I need a jumpstart to prove to myself that this weight can, and will, come off!

2 comments: