Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hallelujah!!!

Finally! I went to WW this morning, and was down 3.4 lbs! Thank God! I'm finally back out of the 160's, although barely. I was getting very discouraged, feeling like I was never going to lose weight again. I knew going in this morning that I'd lost, but didn't know how much. I'm sure most of it is water, but that needs to come off too, so who cares? I can already tell that my pants fit better. I have a Communion party to go to on May 9th, and have promised Jeff that I will wear a dress he has seen me in in pictures, and really likes. If I'm going to keep that promise, I still have some work to do. But now it seems possible...I'm re-energized.

People want to know how I did it. Since Monday, I've done shakes (from The Virgin Diet) for breakfast and lunch. I think I did it Saturday and Sunday too, but my dinner/dessert Sunday was big, so I don't think I can really count that day. Saturday I was sick, and ate very little, so that probably helped. Monday night I went out for Indian food, but last night I had a Virgin Diet compliant dinner...for the most part. I'm not being totally strict (ff creamer in my coffee, because I don't like the coconut milk creamer, chili seasoning in my chili that has flour and sugar in it, etc.) I'm mainly trying to do the 2 shakes and a compliant dinner as many days as I can. This Sunday, Jeff and I are going out to dinner with a friend of mine from HS and her husband. I will eat what I want (within reason.) I know that doing something like this is not sustainable forever, but right now I need to see and feel things moving in the right direction. I am officially training for my half marathon now, and I need to be lighter, so that running is easier. I need to fit into my spring and summer clothes. I want to fit into that dress by May 9th. I want to get back to maintaining, and not losing. I had gotten really good at maintaining, but I'm no longer great at losing. I want to get the weight off, or at least some of it, fast, and then get back to what I did for 5 years.

2 comments:

  1. Steady on! I agree, being in weight maintenance does feel better than having to lose. And having to lose near your goal weight is extra hard- IMO.

    Here's to getting back to the new normal. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete