Sunday, July 21, 2013

Reunited and it Feels So Good!

Today was my first real day back on WW, and it felt like coming home. For the past 25 years or so, I've either been on WW or off WW. When I first started, the program consisted of exchanges (so many "bread", so many "protein"...or were they called "meat"?, etc.), and I was given the amounts for a child...that's how long it's been. I've followed the program through many changes, most recently from points to points plus (which I resisted for a long time, because I lost my weight with points), and I'm sure I will be along for many more changes in the future. The thing is that no matter how it changes, it is the program that has always worked for me, as long as I work the program. That's what I started doing today, and it felt very comfortable and familiar.

Aside from getting up with the dogs twice, I slept until 11:45 this morning. I can't remember when I last did that, but if I only have one day off, I'm going to take advantage of it! I then went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the bike, and then it was off to Shop Rite. I feel like I should take a Xanax before I go to Shop Rite on a Sunday. I usually zip through there, but I was trying to buy mostly SF foods and, since I'm not 100% familiar with the plan yet, I had to keep stopping to look things up on my phone. No matter what obscure thing I put myself in front of to try and be out of the way, inevitably someone had to have exactly that item at exactly that moment. At one point, a man was trying to look at what I was blocking, and was whistling so loudly! Of course I ended up in the same aisle with him every few minutes, and he was either whistling or clapping. Ugh!

I got a bunch of stuff, and then headed to a sub shop for what would be my breakfast (other than a banana) and lunch. I was in the mood for tuna, so I got a 6" tuna on wheat with lettuce and tomato. I don't always like tuna, but this was DELICIOUS! On WW E-tools, a 6" tuna on wheat from Subway is 12 points plus (pp), and in my Eat Out book it's 13...guess what I chose? I watched a little TV, did some laundry, and then at 4:30 I went upstairs and took a nap until 5:45...yep, I slept until 11:45 and then took a nap! Hey, at least when I'm sleeping I can't think about food! I woke up, fed the dogs, showered, and got sushi. I got an Alaska roll, a Christmas roll and a California roll, and my best estimate based on my Eat Out book (which I love!) was 10 pp. So my sandwich plus my sushi, an iced coffee with skim milk (1 pp) and a coffee with 3 TBSP of coconut milk (3 pp) put me right at 26, my limit for the day. I'll have a cup of cantaloupe for dinner (0 pp.)

Last night I spent a lot of time looking at WW recipes on Pinterest, and I started a WW board, but I'm not going to attempt any of the them this week, because I didn't have time to cook today. This week I'm going to try to do SF, so I'll have stir fry one night, whole wheat pasta with meat sauce another, a burger and maybe home made sweet potato fries one night, etc. I'm thinking I will end up tracking on the weekends and doing SF during the week, when I have more control of what I'm eating (meaning that I know in advance.)

I'm way over my points for the week. I went for ice cream last night with my brother, SIL, niece and nephew (I had a peanut butter shake float with vanilla ice cream and it was just ok.) I also went way over on Friday, before I knew that I was going to start WW this week, but I'm not worried. It feels so good to know that I can have anything I want, and that I don't have deny myself anything. I enjoyed everything I ate last night and today, and today I was right on plan.

I did lose 6 lbs on the W26.5, as well as 0.5" on my waist and 0.5" on my hips. Not what I was hoping for, but better than nothing. I'm feeling rejuvenated, satisfied, and motivated. I'm hopeful that by my 4 year anniversary of hitting goal this November, I'll be back to where I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment