Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Won, I Won, I WON!!!

Before I share my exciting news, let me tell you how the day started. I woke up sore from Zumba, but I had decided that today would be a day off from the gym anyway. I had to be at work at 12:30, and had a few errands to run before. The dogs woke me up at 5:15 and I had my coffee and Lara bar (more on them later), and then they woke me up about every hour. When it was just Annie and Fred, I would ignore them, but I'm always afraid that Marty will pee, so I take them out every time I hear them...so annoying! Anyway, when I got dressed for work, I put on a pair of capris that a week or 2 ago were wedgie-inducing, but today were comfortable! That made me happy. On the way to Shop Rite, some guy made a left turn in front of me, cutting me off. When I honked, some old guy in the car with him gave me a sarcastic wave...nice. Then, when I was walking into Shop Rite, some crazy lady was screaming at me. She said that when I took my wagon, another wagon started rolling into the street. OK, I didn't see that and even if it did, she wasn't in the street, so what did she care? I told her to relax, she told me to shut up. This day was going great, although I have to say that I let both things go very quickly...not how I would usually react.

Then I got to work, and about a half hour into my day I checked my email on my phone. I had entered a contest on FB to win a Fossil handbag. This company, Maple and West, does a giveaway about once a week of a bag that has been voted on. I've entered maybe 2 or 3 times, but never voted on which bag should be given away. This week I voted, the one I voted on was the one chosen...AND I WON!!! This is the bag and it's being shipped to me by Fed Ex tomorrow. I was/am so excited...I NEVER win ANYTHING! So from then on, the day was great!

I only have 1 Lara Bar left from my original box of Key Lime bars. I was reading online about how, on the W30, Lara bars should be used sparingly, in emergencies, and not to satisfy a sweet tooth. I've already decided to not buy more dried apricots or almond butter, because I was using them as dessert late at night, and that's a habit I need to break. I had decided not to buy more Lara bars, but then they had all different flavors at Shop Rite... I have not let myself have a Lara bar at night. I eat them first thing in the morning, because I am hungry (and I had one today after lunch at work because I had them with me, and I was hungry.) I do not have a sweet tooth at 5:30 in the morning. I used to not even eat before the gym, but now I am supposed to. I decided that, as long as I keep them as a first thing in the morning pre-breakfast/pre-gym thing, then they're ok. So there.

There probably won't be any new recipes this week. I have SO much food that I need to get rid of. Today I had 2 hardboiled eggs and some pineapple for breakfast (at noon...), leftover salsa chicken and black olives for lunch (it wasn't nearly as spicy this time, thank God!), and leftover Italian pulled pork over cauliflower rice and sautéed mushrooms and a hotdog for dinner. I added the hotdog because there wasn't much pork, and I felt like I needed more protein.

Last night I was craving something at about 11. I have no more almond butter, cashews or apricots left, and wasn't going to let myself have a Lara bar. I almost had some blueberries, but then I realized that I wasn't hungry, and all I would be doing was feeding a craving...not helping my psychological response to food. I had some seltzer, and the craving passed. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment