Sunday, June 2, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up and a Yummy New Recipe!

So after making the decision to allow myself one ice cream a week, I headed straight from work to my favorite ice cream place on Friday. I had a peanut butter shake float with vanilla ice cream, and it was gooood! Shortly after, however, I did not feel good at all...I felt like I had eaten a boulder. I am going to have to re-evaluate my one ice cream a week rule. If nothing else, I will have to choose something other than the largest ice cream on the menu :/ I did weigh myself this morning though, and am 5 lbs down from last Monday, so my days of clean eating have gotten off a lot of the bloat and water weight that came back on so quickly. I'm very happy about that, and am determined to keep it going!

I thoroughly enjoyed my "weekend off", although I know my choices were not the best...pizza, thai food, a bagel. Tonight I had a turkey sandwich with olive oil, vinegar, lettuce, tomato and black olives on a whole wheat roll. I feel good about that choice. You may also have counted 4 non-paleo meals in there. You are correct. I took Marty the Beagle to class this morning, and then ran a bunch of errands. By 12:30 I hadn't eaten anything other than a handful of cashews at 8:00, so I got a bagel with butter. Poor planning=poor choices.

I am going to have to adjust my meal plan for the week. I was going to make a pecan-encrusted chicken dish, but I realized that my colonoscopy is a week from tomorrow, and I can't have nuts 7 days before. No more snacking on a handful of cashews, which will be tough, because they are so easy. I'm going to use the chicken I have to make baked coconut chicken fingers with honey mustard sauce (honey is not allowed on the W30, but is in a Paleo diet.) I will let you know tomorrow how those come out.

I had defrosted 3 chicken breasts earlier this week, and did not want to wait any longer to cook them, so I just made this recipe for lunch this week. I tasted it, and it's delicious! I used 3 chicken breasts instead of 2, about a 1/4 cup of fresh basil and an 1/8 cup of dry (because it's what I had), 2 avocados, 3 TBSP olive oil, 3/4 tsp sea salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.

The excitement of my weekend (other than ice cream, pizza, thai food and a bagel) was the arrival of my new leather couch and loveseat, and the purchase of a cabinet and lamp for right inside my front door. It's amazing how just a few new pieces of furniture has made me fall in love with my house all over again :) I'm off tomorrow (hallelujah!) and am going to the doctor to try to figure out what's going on with my neck/shoulder/arm. Starting tomorrow, I can't take anything other than Tylenol for pain (colonoscopy), and I'm not looking forward to that...not that Alleve or Advil is really doing anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment