Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Roller Coaster

The food is winning today. I have been in a pissy mood since I got into work. Since this is a public blog, I'm not going to go into details, but let's just say that it's something I don't have to deal with too often at the office, but when I do, it tends to set me off. It's also not helping that, despite this being the 3rd day of steroids, and taking a Percocet at about 11 am, my neck/arm is still bothering me. It's not bad, but it's there, and it's annoying. My x-ray results are at my doctor's office, but he's not in today. I just looked at my watch and thought that it was 5:30...great, my last patient is at 6:15, not bad! Then I looked again...it's 4:30. How did I handle all of this? By eating Reese's Pieces out of the snack box.

I honestly don't know how this night is going to go. I'm in a REALLY bad mood and, despite my attempts to find something else to relax me when I feel like this, I'm never going to like reading or going for a walk as much as I do food. I wasn't going to blog about this, because it's extremely private and embarrassing, but a good friend encouraged me to. If I'm not going to be honest here, then what's the point??

2 comments:

  1. Don't discount the effect of the steroids on your mood and your hunger. I am a stress eater, and Reeses in any form would be my go to stress reliever. Add steroids to an already bad day, and I could eat Willy Wonka and his whole darn chocolate factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Percocet will also make you crave sugar...Hang in there..

    ReplyDelete