Friday, June 28, 2013

The "Good Feeling" or Just a Good Day??

Today was a great day! First, I went back to WW after not being there for 2 weeks. It was great to see my friends, and the meetings really help to get my head in the right place, especially going into a weekend. As soon as I walked in, Gail gave me a bracelet she had made for me. It has beads with the letters HALT on it. This is an acronym used in the W30, and it stands for Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? It means that, before you eat something, you should stop and think about why you're eating it. If it's for any reason other than the first, find another way to deal with the feeling. I would change it to HCBT...Hungry, Cranky, Bored, Tired (because I'm more often cranky than angry, and I LOVE being alone, so I'm rarely lonely, but I do get bored pretty easily.) Unfortunately, HCBT doesn't spell anything...probably not in any language. Oh well. Moving on, I got to work with my 2 favorite tech/front desk people today...they are great workers, and really sweet, funny, intelligent girls. I was also given a very nice compliment by a patient's grandma! First, I overheard her say it on the phone to her daughter while her granddaughter was dilating. She then repeated it to me in the room. Let me tell you something...if you like your doctor, TELL her! You have no idea how nice it is to hear that someone appreciates what you do. Often all we hear are complaints, as I'm sure is the case with most other people in service professions. You can make someone's day by just telling them that you appreciate the job they are doing.

Oh! I almost forgot the best part of the day! Remember the Coach bag I bought at full price on Tuesday, after seeing it for 25% off on Sunday? Well, I went back to Macy's before work today, and it was back on sale! After almost having a heart attack when I couldn't find my receipt, I found it, and got $106.46 credited back to my Macy's card! Stuff like that NEVER happens to me, mainly because I don't bother checking back at a store every few days. But for $100, you BET I'm checking back!

After work, I got my nails done and, after cleaning up some pee (ok, not a highlight of my day) I made dinner. This is not my official recipe post, but I HAVE to share the recipe I used for roasted brussel sprouts. Now, I have to say that I LOVE brussel sprouts! But I found this way to make them on Pinterest, and they are SO good! The best part are the leaves that fall off, so make sure you don't throw those away. They get really crunchy and yummy! OK, preheat the oven to 400. Clean the sprouts (duh), cut off any hard stems, then cut them in half. Mix them in a bowl with 1/2 cup olive oil, onion powder, sea salt and the juice of half a lemon (I used 1 TBSP of lemon juice, because I was too lazy to cut and squeeze a lemon...really.) Spread on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 min until they're brown, but not burnt. I sort of mixed mine around 1/2 way through. I made about 20 and ate about 17...they are that good! If you ever come to my house for dinner, I'll make them for you. That's probably all I'll make, but I promise you'll like them.

So what I'm trying to figure out is, am I in a great mood today because that weird, random, W30 happy is kicking in, or is it because it was just a really good day? I'm hoping it's both!

No comments:

Post a Comment