Tuesday, June 11, 2013

How to Handle July???

I'm on Day 3 of my "Staycation", but it feels like Day 1. The first day I did my colonoscopy prep (not exactly a fun way to spend a day), and yesterday was the test itself...all went well, and I'm good for 5 years! After having to go every 3 years the last 2 times because of polyps, this was wonderful news! My Dad was with me yesterday, and we got a lot of stuff done...put up chicken wire around the deck to keep Marty from escaping, drilled a hole in the back of my new TV stand, figured out why the sliders in my bedroom are stuck, etc. After that, I took a long nap, and watched a few DVR'd episodes of Game of Thrones.

Right now a man is here cleaning my old couch and recliner. The couch is in my loft now and, after being the dogs' bed for 6 years (despite being covered by blankets), it is in desperate need of a good cleaning. I am giving the recliner to my brother and, since Marty recently threw up on it, I offered to have it cleaned first! Later I will take my car in to have some thing fixed (no idea what...it was recalled.) So this vacation week will be filled with a lot of things I need to get done, but it's nice to have the time to do them, and know that, when I'm done, I can take a nap if I want :)

I do have some fun things planned too: I have a massage tomorrow at noon! My aunt gave me Spa Finder gift cards for my 40th birthday, and I'm going to use one of them tomorrow. My neck actually feel really good, but it's still a little tight, and I'm hoping that the massage does the trick. On Thursday night, my sisters, my cousin and some friends are going to see New Kids on the Block, Boys to Men and 98 Degrees in concert! We are all very excited!! Most of us saw New Kids and Backstreet Boys together a few years ago, and my sister Pauline and I saw New Kids twice together before that. It's become a sort of tradition, and I can't wait! On Friday, my niece and nephew are graduating from Pre-K. I can't believe that they're going to be in Kindergarten already! Then Sunday is Father's Day...see, not just boring errands!

I was in the car this morning trying to decide how to handle July. My Whole 26-ish didn't happen, and neither is the Paleo experiment...for no reason other than that I'm not doing it. Maybe it was too soon and I needed a break. Maybe I'm just not in the mood. Who knows. I had planned on doing a W30 starting July 1st, so that I'd look and feel great for my trip to LBI in August. I still like the idea, but then I keep thinking about eggs for breakfast, and I want to puke! No, I don't HAVE to eat eggs for breakfast on the W30, but it's what ended up happening, and I'm not a huge fan of eggs to begin with. Then I thought I could commit 100% to Paleo but, other than the 3 cheat meals, it's not that different from W30. Maybe I could eliminate sugar, dairy and artificial stuff, but allow myself whole wheat and grains, so that I could have more breakfast choices? But then, will I feel as good as I felt in April? I don't know? I guess I have a few days to decide. I think I'm leaning towards just going for it all out. There's really nothing going on in July, and I want to feel that way again. Plus, it will be nice to be thinner and less bloated when I have to wear a bathing suit in August...20 or so days to decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment