Friday, June 28, 2013

Recipes

Here are some of the recipes I've used, and enjoyed, during my W30's:

Italian Chili

Cauliflower Rice

Egg Muffins: I have made these using paper liners and just greasing the pan with coconut oil. In both cases they stuck. I would probably invest in the silicone liners next time.

Baked Chicken Strips: NO honey during a W30!

Roasted Veggies

Creamy Chicken, Mushroom and Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Sweet Potato and Kale Chicken Patties: Turns out I don't like the taste of rosemary. There was a weird flavor in these that I couldn't identify, but didn't like. I looked at the ingredients, and it must be the rosemary, because the only other spice is paprika, which I've had often. Next time I'll leave the rosemary out, and add more garlic. I will also microwave a sweet potato, mash it up, and add it that way. The little chunks that the recipe called for did not get soft enough, even though I cooked them the amount of time written.

Paleo Crockpot Meatballs: I used coconut flour instead of almond flour, because it's what I had. These are DELICIOUS!!

Baked Artichoke Chicken: This is ok, but VERY easy and fast. I used white wine vinegar instead of red, because it's what I had, and substituted vegetable broth for the wine (no alcohol on W30, and I couldn't find a chicken broth without sugar in it...WTH??) I used 2 cans of artichoke hearts and about 2/3 lb of sliced white mushrooms. I didn't have tarragon, so I used 1/8 tsp of Herbes de Provence (no idea why I have this...) I didn't do 1/4 tsp, because I didn't know what it would taste like. I also used chicken tenderloin, because chicken on a bone kind of skeeves me out, and cooked it for about 30 minutes on 375. Half-way through cooking I decided that there wasn't enough mustard, so I squirted some more on the chicken. I used Dijon mustard...make sure you buy one without white wine in it! I don't really know what the point of the onion was. I didn't taste it, and I don't like to eat big chunks of onion. I might leave it out next time and add more garlic.

Spicy Italian Pulled Pork with Italian Gravy: I used sweet peppers, not spicy ones. The gravy is really good, but the pork I used turned out to be very fatty (I did cut off as much of the fat that I could see as possible, but I found a lot more when I tried to shred it.) It didn't shred well, and I'm just kind of grossed out by it. I think the recipe would work with shredded chicken, and the gravy would even be good over ground beef. I have made pulled pork before, so I think I will try this again, but splurge on organic pork from Whole Foods next time.


I found all of the above recipes on Pinterest (just search Whole30 or Paleo, just remember that everything that is ok in Paleo is NOT ok in W30, so you may have to modify.) I also have 2 books I use: It Starts With Food and Well Fed. More recipes to come, but I'm too lazy to type any out right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment