Monday, June 3, 2013

50/50

Breakfast and lunch went well. I had some leftover breakfast casserole (which I'm totally sick of at this point, so I didn't eat much of it), and some of the chicken salad I made last night for lunch...SO good! I was in a lot of pain today because of my neck. I got my hair done, and 2 hours of having to bend my neck all different ways was NOT a good idea, but I was desperate for a haircut. Plus, for the next 7 days I am not allowed to take Advil or Alleve, and Tylenol did nothing. I finally went to my doctor's appointment at 4:15, and he agrees that it's probably a pinched nerve. I had some x-rays done (luckily, the radiology place was able to take me right away, when I just went in to make the appointment), and I am on a week's worth of steroids and low-dose Percocet for the pain. It's helped, but not as much as I'd hoped. After my x-ray, I went to watch my 4 year old niece and nephew play baseball...so cute! I headed home at about 7:30 pm, after having been out all day, and there was no way I was cooking. As I said yesterday, poor planning leads to poor choices. So does the little pity-party I was having for myself. Food is how I comfort myself. I am in pain. I needed comfort. You figure it out.

I don't have to be in to work until 2 tomorrow, and I have all the ingredients I need to prepare a few dinners, so I'm going to do that in the morning, so that after work tomorrow I just have to stick something in the oven. I also hope that I feel better tomorrow, now that I have a full day's worth of steroids in me.

On a positive note, yesterday I bought a little cabinet for my entryway, with a lamp to go on top. Today I went back to Home Goods and found a similar cabinet which is larger, and perfect as a TV stand, which I needed. I LOVE the way my living room looks now, and just want to sit here all day. Considering how my neck feels, that is probably what I should be doing. Unfortunately, the dogs don't have jobs, and someone has to pay the mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment