Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Dreaded Day 2 Headache!

I felt so much better today, meaning that I was in a much better mood, my head was clear, and I didn't feel like I was on the verge of tears or screaming...always a good thing! The day started off the way every day has been starting recently...with me cleaning up Marty's pee. But I'm getting really good at that too, so it didn't rattle me too much. Plus, he's just so darn cute... Then, I met my WW friend Gail at our favorite breakfast spot. I love it there, because the coffee is great, the food is made to order, and I can have a delicious breakfast out and know that I'm sticking to the program. I mentioned that Gail and I met at WW, I guess it's a few years ago now, so most of our conversations revolve around food. What's nice is that she totally GETS it, and talks to me the way I should talk to myself. "You can do this. It'll be ok. Just get back on track. Look how far you've come." All the things I'd say to her, she says to me. It's nice to have, and to hear.

On the way to work, I stopped at Macy's. On Sunday, I'd seen a beautiful Coach bag but, even though it was on sale for 25% off, the original price of $398 meant that it would STILL be very expensive...more than I have ever paid for any kind of clothing/accessory...more than I paid for any of my dogs! I left without getting it, but couldn't stop thinking about it. Last night, that EXACT bag showed up in my FB newsfeed in a Nordstrom's ad. I took this as a sign from God (obviously God has excellent taste in handbags.) I went in today to get my bag and, as is par for the course when it comes to my luck, the bag was no longer on sale :( I was about to walk out, but knew that I'd just go home and obsess about it some more, so I bought it, and I LOVE it! The saleswoman said that she thinks there will be a sale tomorrow and, if so, I will get a price adjustment. If not, a $400 bag is a better treat for myself than a 4,000 calorie binge on donuts, ice cream and Burger King, right??

Each of the 3 times I've started a W30 (1st successful, 2nd not, 3rd in progress), I have gotten a bad headache mid-way through Day 2. The thing that makes it difficult to blame completely on some kind of detoxing is that, on each Day 2, it has either rained, or there was rain in the immediate forecast. That kind of weather often triggers a sinus headache/migraine for me. However, I have read that Day 2 of the W30 is the day when a lot of people feel like crap, and the headaches have been exactly the same, and started at around the same time of day each time. It makes sense, because I went from eating SO MUCH junk to absolutely none, in 48 hours. At least I know that this headache shouldn't last long.

Tonight I did my stand-by hamburger and hotdog for dinner, with a side of roasted butternut squash. I got home late, and it was easy to throw together. I have a feeling that the rest of this week will involve lots of hamburgers and hotdogs, because I decided at the last minute to start my W30 yesterday, and don't have much in the house. As a matter of fact, I'm currently cooking chicken thighs for the dogs, because I ran out of dog food too...not that dog food is W30 compliant...

No comments:

Post a Comment