Thursday, February 26, 2015

Points

After I blogged yesterday and said that I was sticking with tracking calories in MFP, I started to doubt that decision. I don't really know how to deal with splurges when I'm counting calories. On WW, you have 49 extra points, as well as activity points, to use towards special occasions. When tracking calories, if I splurge, it's kind of a free for all, because I don't have any "rules" to follow. I do very well with rules. I've also found that, after years and years of counting points, I can guestimate things pretty well. However, I have absolutely no idea how many calories things have. I just read a comment on yesterday's post from a reader who is in a similar situation as I am, and her reasons for going back to points, although calories make more sense to her too, are exactly the things I've been thinking about. That includes the attractiveness of "free" fruits and veggies as well. I've decided to switch back to points tomorrow. I'll give myself the 49 weekly, although I maybe have dipped into them a bit yesterday and today. I already started with calories today, so I want to wait and start fresh tomorrow. My fitbit now tracks activity points on etools, so that will be helpful. If I'm going to "go home" to WW, I might as well go all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment