Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Thankful Post

I'm down 2.7 lbs this week!! Wednesday is my weigh-in day, whether I attend a WW meeting or not. Today I weighed in at 151.3, and my goal is to get down to somewhere between 140 and 142 by the middle of February. My plan from now on is to blog every Wednesday, in conjunction with my weigh-in. Next week is the first Wednesday of December, so I WILL attend a WW meeting. In order to not have to pay, I will need to be at 152 or less (with clothes on, obviously...at home I weigh myself naked.) If I have to pay next week, so be it, but I'm hopeful that I won't need to.

Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I decided to do a "What I'm Thankful For" list, as it applies to my weight-loss journey. Here it is:

I'm thankful that I'm at a healthy weight. It may not be my goal weight, but no doctor is going to tell me that I need to lose weight.

I'm thankful that I'm healthy. When I think about my weight-loss, I tend to focus on how I look. But when I hear stories of people who had a wake-up call when they were told that they were pre-diabetic, etc., I realize how lucky I am that I never got to that point. I do remember a time as a kid when my pediatrician put me on a diet because my blood pressure was high. I think I was in elementary school. That's nuts! I've never had a problem with high blood pressure since then.

I'm thankful that I'm physically fit. I'm in much better shape now than I've ever been. When I told my parents that I wanted an exercise bike for Christmas, neither of them questioned if I'd use it. My friends and family realize that this healthy lifestyle is not a fad. It's for real.

I'm thankful that I never gave up on myself. When you're 36 years old, and have been overweight for as long you can remember, it would be very easy to just assume that that is how you will always be. I'm very proud of myself for gambling on myself one more time.

I'm thankful for the number 150. Ideally I'd love to be about 139, realistically 140-142. 150 is the number that, when I hit it, makes me realize that I need to reign things back in. Of course I have gotten INTO the 150's, which is not ideal, but by having that danger zone, it keeps me from ever letting things get totally out of control.

Of course I'm thankful for my amazing family, my incredible friends, my cute little house, my 3 crazy dogs, and a job I enjoy, which allows me to make a difference in the lives of children. I'm also very thankful for this past year. It has been wonderful and horrible, amazing and challenging, but I have learned so much about myself, and continue to every day. I wish you and everyone you love a wonderful Thanksgiving. Be safe, and remember, anything you eat tomorrow has no calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment