Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Catching Up

I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I've posted. I've wanted to write for the past few days, but haven't had a chance. Then this morning Jeff asked if I still had a blog, and I knew it was time! 2 weeks ago I decided to go back to counting WW points. Because I was at goal for so long, I have free eTools until April of 2016. For now, I'm taking advantage of that, and not attending meetings. Eventually I will need to weigh-in at a center if I want to keep using eTools, but I have 9 months free for now. I certainly want to be back at goal before then! In the past 2 weeks I've lost 2.6 lbs. This past week was terrible, but I still lost a pound, probably because I should've lost more last week, but was retaining water. I'll take it!

My exercise has been limited to walking since June 18th, when I had surgery on both hands for carpal tunnel surgery. I got my stitches out about a week ago, but my wrists are still very sore, and gripping things is somewhat painful, so it will be awhile before I can lift weights again. On the VERY bright side, the surgery was a success, and I no longer have numb hands for large chunks of my day, nor do I have to sleep with wrist guards for the first time in over 2 years! I'm so happy that I decided to have both hands done at once.

Jeff and I leave soon for a week-long vacation in Vermont, and I CANNOT WAIT!! It is the first "grown-up" vacation I've had in years. We'll be staying about 30 minutes southwest of Hanover, NH, and I am so excited to show Jeff Dartmouth. We are also meeting my best friend Toni and her husband for dinner one night. Once Jeff meets Toni, I will feel like he's met my WHOLE family. I'm leaving the dogs with a petsitter, and am a little nervous about that. It's significantly less expensive than boarding them, and being away from home for such a long stretch is hard on Annie and Fred, who will turn 11 and 12 this summer. I keep trying to explain to them that I'll be back...yes, this is definitely going to be harder on me than it will be on them!

I'm still active in the Half Size Me Community, and have a friend named Caia who has become my accountability buddy. We actually live about 20 minutes apart, and I'm looking forward to finally getting to meet her when I get back from vacation.

As of today I have 17 lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. Jeff and I are attending his friend's wedding at the beginning of October, and I want to be at my goal by then, and wear a dress I have in my closet. It's a very doable goal, as I'd only have to lose 1-2 lbs a week, which was my average when I lost my weight 6 years ago. I definitely needed a break from the WW plan, but it feels good now to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment